Ever wonder what technology you really need these days? Check out this list:
1. The most important thing to spend your money on, far and above more important than cell phones, is your internet connection! Drop your cable TV, you don’t need it, what you will need as a replacement is a very strong high speed internet connection. If you live within Northwest Arkansas, I’d recommend Cox Cable over AT&T DSL, but AT&T Uverse takes the cake (if it’s available in your area).
2. Setup that wireless router for your fast internet connection! This way when your within your home you can take advantage of the faster speeds for all your devices. (don’t forget to encrypt it!)
3. Splurge on a 3g iPad! Pay the $650 plus $30/month for unlimited access, you’ll have entertainment in the palms of your hands. Reading, gaming, navigation, weather, the list of values goes on and on. Oh, and remember to hook it up to your wireless router while at home.
4. Buy a good computer with tons of hard drive space… and I mean terabytes worth. This could be a Windows Home Server, or just a standard Dell computer you’ve augmented with additional hard drives. This will give you plenty of space for your media which leads into step 5.
5. Convert all of your DVD’s to digital mp4 files which can be linked into iTunes. This lets you sync with your iPad or other devices to watch your collection of movies anywhere.
6. Buy one of those $99 AppleTV’s! This will give you access to your newly digitized DVD collection on your television set. It also provides you with access to pictures and other media. Even the internet is accessible along with NetFlix.
7. NetFlix. This will give you access to a wide variety of movies and television shows which you do not have in your personal collection. As an added bonus, you can access NetFlix on your iPad, AppleTV, and your computer!
These 7 things are all you need to have a technologically well rounded life, enjoy!